What Is Femilon’s Contraceptive Effectiveness?
Femilon contains Desogestrel, a third-generation progestin, but just a trace of Ethinyl Estradiol. Femilon combines these features to create a highly safe, acceptable, and adaptive hormonal tablet with class-leading contraceptive efficacy and various advantages for women with multiple health issues.
Additionally, we provide Ovral L Tablets, a similar combo drug.
Clinical Mechanism of Action and Contraceptive Effectiveness of Femilon – How does it work?
Exogenous estrogen/progestin is absorbed into the circulation. It acts on the female genital tract and, more importantly, the brain, altering the standard hormonal feedback loop between the brain and the gonads.
FSH and LH are two essential hormones produced in the brain’жв pituitary gland yet have ovarian effects. They typically enhance ovarian egg growth and hence natural estrogen/progestin production. These then act on the uterine lining, or endometrium, preparing it to receive a viable egg or, in the absence of pregnancy, to shed during menstruation.
Femilon is a contraceptive tablet that delivers the hormones Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel into the circulation. As a result, they inhibit the release of LH/FSH, the normal follicle stimulation process, and eventual egg release.
The vaginal tract is ripened artificially, and the endometrium is enlarged (womb lining). This sheds freely and regularly after a few days of discontinuing Femilon. Thus, a fictitious menstrual state is generated that is lighter and associated with less cramping. This kind of hormonal contraceptive pill-induced bleeding is called “withdrawal bleeding” and happens after all hormonal pills are discontinued.
Additionally, Desogestrel might thicken the cervical mucus plug that occurs naturally. This effectively blocks sperm passage via the uterus or cervix.
Desogestrel is also antiandrogenic. It possesses negligible anti-testosterone qualities, which contribute to the reduction of virilization and male-type side effects such as seborrhea and hirsutism.
Tablets Femilon – Product Promotion and Packaging
Pharmaceuticals Schering-Plough-Organon markets Femilon pills are available in blister packs of 21 tablets. On the back of the box, directional arrows and the days of the week are printed above each tablet. These arrows represent a consistent daily progression over the three weeks necessary to complete this task.
Active Ingredients in Femilon Contraceptive Pill
The Femilon package comprises 21 pills with hormonal activity. 0.030 milligrams of Ethinyl estradiol and 0.150 milligrams of Desogestrel are included in each tablet. These are considered low-dose estrogen and progestin combos.
Schering-Plough-Organon Pharmaceuticals manufacture Femilon. www.merck.com
Femilon Tablets – How to Use – Dosage and Administration
Femilon pills should be taken on a daily pack and are completed by taking one tablet daily for a total of 21 days. The medication must be taken at around the same time each day. The importance of consistency cannot be overstated. It is recommended that women begin taking Femilon on the first day of menstruation.
Women transitioning from another method of contraception to Femilon should begin the day after the last tablet used, whether active or placebo. When combined with high-fat meals, grapefruit, or grapefruit juice, the Femilon contraceptive pill’s efficacy improves due to higher absorption and transport.
Femilon may be administered after abortions or miscarriages. In addition, if a woman uses progestin-containing implants/depots/intrauterine devices, she may go from vaginal rings to Femilon. However, the method of start and the extent to which further protection is required varies by case, and medical guidance is suggested before crossing.
Femilon Missed Pills Instructions – What to do if you miss a tablet
Consistency with daily pill ingestion, more precisely at the same time each day, is required to guarantee contraceptive effectiveness. When the pills are taken diligently, the drug hormone levels are continually kept above a specified acceptable level, ensuring effective contraception. It is usual for humans to miss one or more medications.
Have you forgotten to take your medication?
If you forget to take a tablet, remember to take it as soon as possible, preferably within 12 hours; otherwise, you may have to take two tablets concurrently the following day.
Have you forgotten to take two pills in the first two weeks?
If two tablets are missed within the first two weeks, two pills must be taken on the next two consecutive days, starting when the incident is recalled. Additional contraceptive protection, such as condoms or a diaphragm, must be worn during coital acts for up to seven days after the incident is identified.
Have you missed two pills or three or more doses during the third week?
If two tablets are missed during the third week or three or more pills are missing from the pack, the current pack must be discontinued, and a new pack of Femilon started. Barrier contraception is necessary for seven days.
Vomiting up to four hours after taking a pill should be considered a missed dose. Attention must be made to withdrawal bleeding due to missed pill cycles. Whether they appear or not, medical treatment should be sought to confirm or rule out any accidental pregnancy.
Femilon Tablets Indications – Clinical Applications & Uses Contraception:
Femilon is primarily used for contraception on a global scale. With a class-leading failure rate of 1–2 per 100 women each year, its success depends solely on user tenacity.
The Tablets For Incontinence During Menstruation
Combining hormone pills such as Femilon may be used to manage irregular menstrual cycles. Femilon is a medication that is used to treat a variety of different kinds of irregular uterine bleeding.
Femilon Is Used To Treat Ovarian Cysts:
Among the symptoms of androgen excess in women are hirsutism and seborrhea, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance, and acne vulgaris (pimples). Femilon successfully reduces hyperandrogenic situations by increasing SHBG and Desogestrel’s inherent antiandrogenic activity.
The medicine Is Used To Treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome:
The Femilon contraceptive pill provides nseveralnefits in treating a variety of gynecologic conditions. These include avoiding ectopic pregnancy, managing uterine fibroids, resolving pelvic inflammatory disease, resolving endometriosis, resolving iron deficiency anemia, resolving benign breast illnesses, and resolving mild breast illnesses and management of functional ovarian cysts (PCOS).
Premenstrual Syndrome is characterized by cyclic solid symptoms and signs that occur weeks before menstruation. Femilon assists these ladies in achieving less painful and lighter periods over time.
Other Applications for Femilon:
When combination contraceptives are taken, protection against certain cancers is now well-established. Ovarian and endometrial (uterine lining) cancers benefit the most. Six months to a year of Pill usage resulted in a 40% to 50% reduction in some types of cancers. The significance of this effect is that it persists for 10 to 15 years after the termination of Femilon.
Femilon’s Disadvantages and Adverse Effects
The following Femilon side effects are likely to be modest and disappear independently or with minor treatment.
- Allergen-induced rashes, urticaria, and angioedema;
- Migraine, migraines, insomnia, mood swings, anxiety, sadness, and irritability;
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal distention;
- Amenorrhoea with menstruation (cessation of withdrawal bleeds despite correct and regular pill intake);
- Severe bleeding (reddish spotting or light bleeding while on the active pills);
- Vaginal canal, urinary tract, and upper respiratory tract infections;
- Discomfort and engorgement of the breasts, soreness;
- Musculoskeletal discomfort, leg pain, and edema;
- Auditory or hearing abnormalities;
- Visual alterations as a consequence of corneal curvature modification, optic nerve damage, or retinal vascular injury, as well as difficulty using contact lenses;
- Flu-like symptoms, fatigue, and fever
Adverse Reactions to Femilon Birth Control Pill
Femilon, like any other contraceptive pill, may cause the side effects listed below. It has a history of heightening hazards in these situations.
- Thrombosis: The terms thromboembolism, venous inflammation, and deep vein thrombosis refer to blood clots that form in the veins and arteries of the body;
- Thromboembolic disorders of the cerebrovascular system: Thromboembolic diseases of the cerebrovascular system;
- Coronary artery disease or ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, and pulmonary embolism all have clotting consequences (heart attacks);
- Cardiovascular: high blood pressure or hypertension, atherosclerosis, and abnormal blood lipids/cholesterol levels;
- Breast cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and benign liver tumors are all examples of tumors;
- Gallbladder Disease: Gallstones, Gallbladder Inflammation;
- Pancreatic inflammation, especially when blood cholesterol levels are excessive;
- The central nervous system is impacted by migraine and epileptic seizures.
Contraindications to the use of Femilon Tablets
Femilon tablets should not be used in the following situations since they may cause severe life-threatening problems in one or more of the conditions listed.
- Thromboembolism: A known problem of the coagulation system; blood clots in the lungs, legs, eyes, or elsewhere; thrombophilia or venous inflammation.
- Cardiovascular disease, especially arrhythmic or valvular, coronary artery involvement, and hypertension
- Smokers: Individuals who smoke heavily, typically those aged 35 or older.
- Preoperative immobilization: Pelvic or lower limb fractures and extreme obesity.
- Diabetes is characterized by uncontrolled or excessively high blood sugar levels connected with blood vessel involvement.
Metabolic: Increased amounts of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood
- Obstetrics and gynecology: undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, increased cervical cancer risk, and concealed pregnancy
- Breast Cancer: Breast cancer and undiagnosed breast cancers are risk factors for this illness.
- Nervous system central: Migraine migraines and epilepsy
- Liver Tumors Undiagnosed or Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Chronic Illness: Illness of the liver, kidneys, or adrenal glands that persists throughout the time
Your-Safe-Abortion.com sells Femilon tablets online. Femilon birth control pills are available in blister packs of 21 tablets.
There are no shipping restrictions on this item.